Monday, October 19, 2009

Feats Never Failed Me


I'm going to steal a blog idea from a blogger friend Syd who recently posted this and I think it's a great idea for a post here. What are the 10 best moments of your life? I actually had trouble narrowing it down, but here they are.
  1. When I was 12 years old, the all girl drum and bugle corp I belonged to won The World Open. Standing on the football field with the top 12 girls corps and listening to the scores one by one, till only two were left and then finally announcing the second place corp, leaving us, was a breathtaking moment. I remember crying, it was awesome.
  2. The  parade through my home town after we won was almost as good. The whole town lined the streets and there were banners hanging from a big underpass on one of the main streets. We did a parade through town and a concert at the end. Thousands of people turned out. It was a 12 year old's dream come true.
  3. My first kiss.
  4. Seeing my daughter's face for the first time when she was born.
  5. My first wedding day.
  6. My sister,me and 3 of our best friends were together for a small wedding shower for my sister. Our friends lived in NY and we lived in NC at the time. We hadn't all been together in over ten years. We all piled in the car to go somewhere and we were playing "Dixie Chicken" by Little Feat off the " Waiting For Columbus" album and singing at the top of our lungs.I had a history with that albumn. We had all played a lot of fuseball to that albumn. It was happy and spontanious and the car was filled with love.
  7. The first time my husband put his arm around me.
  8. All the firsts with my husband after that....
  9. When my friend had a big party for all the "swells" in my hometown at the old jail he had turned into a restaraunt. My husband was making choppers in the basement. The restaraunt and the chopper shop had gotten a lot of press at the time and everyone wanted to be involved. It was a big deal in our little town. We were on Good Morning America when he opened. Anyway, we were "the biker" people. Like rock stars or something. We were cool. I knew many people there and had never been allowed in their circles before. Now they wanted to be in ours. That was a big bag of fun. 
  10. There are many, many  things that include my daughter Annie. Lets just say she provided me with the oportunities to recognise the grace in my life over and over again. 
Now I've already kinda cheated and gone over, because I really couldn't pick just ten. Theres a whole great story that goes along with the Little Feat albumn that definately constitutes one of the best days of my life.  There are so many moments that stand out just because you know at that moment that it just doesn't get any better than this. What's great about getting older is that I know this quite often now. When I was younger, I didn't know how great the moments were until I looked back on them.
I also know now that some of the "bad" moments in my life were some of the best too. It's the perspective that gets better with time I think.
Thanks for the idea Syd! I had a blast writting this.

11 comments:

Queenneenee said...

Good morning dear~I love your list. I was contemplating doing one and it was too difficult trying to come up with ten. I need to think on it for a while. For some reason I keep thinking of the bad moments, I am one sick puppy. Now if it were a top 10 list of sucky things I'd be ALL OVER IT! I love your new space, keep up the good work kiddo!

Anonymous said...

That was great, I think I will try this, need to get back on the positive side of things. I love that song too. I can think of a lot of good times singing in the car, funny too,most of them were in NV when I was really young.

diane d said...

Thank you! What a wonderful post!

big Jenn said...

some of my comments are not showing up. I don't know why. sorry.jeNN

Lou said...

You did cheat and go over. Good for you..you rebel, you!

Maude Lynn said...

What a great list! And, you are so right about perspective.

Monkey Man said...

This was cool. Love that about blogging...stealing can be beneficial.

steveroni said...

I really like your new blog, Jenn, especially if it is good for you. We all keep driving the vehicle of life until the tank is empty, then we fill it up again.

You must be LOVING this weather, before the winter winds blow their whiteness all about.

Sure would be great to see you in chat once in a while. I miss you and so do the peeps.

Hope you both are well, healthy.
PEACE!

Tall Kay said...

This is outstanding! What a perfect theft for your new focus. I loved it!

Wait. What? said...

So much life in your world - I loved this!

Syd said...

Great post Jenn. I like your great moments. I think what you wrote about the first with your husband are nice. I have shared so many with my wife also.