- When I was 12 years old, the all girl drum and bugle corp I belonged to won The World Open. Standing on the football field with the top 12 girls corps and listening to the scores one by one, till only two were left and then finally announcing the second place corp, leaving us, was a breathtaking moment. I remember crying, it was awesome.
- The parade through my home town after we won was almost as good. The whole town lined the streets and there were banners hanging from a big underpass on one of the main streets. We did a parade through town and a concert at the end. Thousands of people turned out. It was a 12 year old's dream come true.
- My first kiss.
- Seeing my daughter's face for the first time when she was born.
- My first wedding day.
- My sister,me and 3 of our best friends were together for a small wedding shower for my sister. Our friends lived in NY and we lived in NC at the time. We hadn't all been together in over ten years. We all piled in the car to go somewhere and we were playing "Dixie Chicken" by Little Feat off the " Waiting For Columbus" album and singing at the top of our lungs.I had a history with that albumn. We had all played a lot of fuseball to that albumn. It was happy and spontanious and the car was filled with love.
- The first time my husband put his arm around me.
- All the firsts with my husband after that....
- When my friend had a big party for all the "swells" in my hometown at the old jail he had turned into a restaraunt. My husband was making choppers in the basement. The restaraunt and the chopper shop had gotten a lot of press at the time and everyone wanted to be involved. It was a big deal in our little town. We were on Good Morning America when he opened. Anyway, we were "the biker" people. Like rock stars or something. We were cool. I knew many people there and had never been allowed in their circles before. Now they wanted to be in ours. That was a big bag of fun.
- There are many, many things that include my daughter Annie. Lets just say she provided me with the oportunities to recognise the grace in my life over and over again.
I also know now that some of the "bad" moments in my life were some of the best too. It's the perspective that gets better with time I think.
Thanks for the idea Syd! I had a blast writting this.