Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Little Things


I was sitting having my coffee this morning and was thinking about the upcomming holidays and what I wanted to do for them.  My thoughts skipped around and I realised that there are certain things that always make me feel happy inside. Here are some of those things in the random order they came to me;

  • Cookie cutters
  • My dog Macy
  • Riding my bike without a helmet (sorry Lou)
  • Landscapes
  • My stupid pink fake crocs that I wear around the house
  • Annie's art supplies
  • Particularly Prisma Color pencils
  • Peanut butter
  • My dear friend Barb, who I've known my whole life
  • The wood stove
  • My goofy husband
  • Good coffee
  • Recipes
  • The absolute joy of not working right now

There's more of course but that's kind of where my head went today. Hope you all think of some little things that make you feel good today.

11 comments:

Lou said...

Am I going to have to come up there and lecture you about the helmet..huh??

Actually, I would love to visit there on any excuse. It sounds like a warm and happy home!

steveroni said...

Well...coffee DOES come to mind!

Enchanted Oak said...

What a nice bunch of random things! You brought a smile to me today. I'm happy that I don't have to work at an outside job these days, too (and I can sit here in my lovely office and read your lovely thoughts).
Love,
Chris A

diane d said...

What a wonderful idea to think on!

Wait. What? said...

the holidays are right around the corner, and somehow I always seem suprised when they arrive so fast!

Dad and Mom said...

I know the feeling of no helmet too. It is a free feeling. KS is a helmet optional state.

Tabitha.Montgomery said...

Honestly,all we anyone needs is a woodstove..and some wood in life.

Pink crocs?! Huh.Ya think ya know somebody..lol..

Now whatcha gonna do with those cookie cutters? :)

Unknown said...

What a brilliant and loving list...
my three dogs come to mind...
great music...
Blogger...
you get the picture, I have pink crocs too...love them!!!!

Love you!
GAbi

Anonymous said...

I have a friend who starts her Christmas cookies right after Halloween-whatever! Rumor has it I will be getting laid off on Thursday and I am sooooo fine with that! I love being stay at home Patty student girl. It was colder than a, well you know, today! Stood out in it for nine hours straight.

Syd said...

Good thoughts that would make me feel happy too. It would be good to sit and have a cup of coffee with you and just talk.

G-Man said...

Hi Jenn...I got in one GREAT awesome ride today. Sunny and 65!
I'm so glad that I didn't put Ole Barney away yet!
Thanks for visiting.....G