Chris over at Enchanted Oak gave me this blog award today and I'm supposed to tell you 7 honest things about myself. I really like this particular award because it has easy, uncomplicated rules, you just tell 7 honest things, and pass it on to one person. Nice. Thank you Chris. I love her blog so much. her poetry rocks and so does she, so it means a lot to me when somebody like her, likes me. Very cool. Anyway, here goes;
- I never thought that I would like being a grandma. I've never been much of a kid person. I'm bitchy and have no patience with kids, but my grandson has melted my frozen heart. He is an easy going little dude most of the time and I am always totally surprised when he wants to hang out with me.
- I love Christmas music, especially the classic stuff by Bing Crosby, Nat King Cole, Burl Ives, Jimmy Durante, you know what I mean.
- I can't wait to see our grandson's face when he see's the big Thomas the Train table my husband made and I'm painting for him. What's the deal with this Thomas stuff? I don't get it, but he's only 3 and looses his mind over trains. ( it's a guy thing I guess)
- I miss Annie.
- I don't like it when I get mean anonymous comments on posts. If you are too chicken to let me know who you are then keep your comments to yourself, just sayin'.
- I had a pet pig named Samantha when I was a kid. I had her trained to do tricks and she was kind of like a dog to me. We would hang out and listen to a transistor radio together a lot. Once she fell in the pool and was in there for so long before she was discovered she had rubbed the hair under her chin off from her hooves while swimming. My dad butchered her for meat but they never told me. They just told me they sold her at auction. Living on a farm made you kinda tough with animals coming and going so to speak.
- My dad looked just like one of the muppets who heckled in the balcony on The Muppet Show. He loved that show.