- When I was in first grade, Bobby Kennedy stopped at my Catholic grade school while he was campaigning in NY Sate and I shook his hand.
- I waited on Whoopi Goldberg when I lived in Charlotte NC. She was there filming "The Color Purple" at the time and came into the restaurant I was working in. She tipped me $50.
- I met Jimmy Buffet at a bar in Key West and didn't know who he was. we were hanging out drinking beer.
- I met his wife much later in rehab.
- I met Rob Lowe at the same rehab.
- I walked past the filming of a scene of "Miami Vice" in the airport in Miami. Annie and I had just arrived to move to Key Largo with two of my sisters.
- New York State Senator Tom Libous had his picture taken on a chopper my husband built at our local business show a few years ago. ( I met him a few times actually and wasn't impressed really, but you might be!)
- I was on "The Today Show" at that same time for a piece that featured my friend's restaurant that was in an old jail he redid. We had Jail House Choppers in the basement and sat at the tables while they were filming about the restaurant.
I encourage anyone to accept this award also and share with us your own brushes with fame.
Also, I apologize for missing blogs and will catch up as best I can. I've been enjoying our grandson and holiday "stuff".